Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this site is provided by American Friends of Exceed (AFOE) and is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. AFOE reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to AFOE are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will AFOE be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages or loss of profits whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. AFOE does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs, nor do we guarantee the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright: names and logos. The AFOE name and logo and the logos of Exceed Worldwide, CSPO, JSPO, ASSERT, SLSPO, PSPO and MSPO are protected by copyright. The names, images and logos identifying AFOE or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of AFOE and/or third parties as appropriate. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions or on the AFOE website may be construed as conferring any licence or right under any trademark or patent of AFOE or any third party.
7. Copyright Restrictions: Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior written authorisation from AFOE. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by AFOE to use any item displayed. Documents on this site may be copied for personal, non-commercial use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not AFOE). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs). Images which are available for download from AFOE/Exceed's Flickr photostream may be used for non-commercial use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are published alongside the images. This means that the words: 'Exceed Worldwide' and the photographer's name must be printed next to the photograph. For commercial or other uses, prior permission must be sought from AFOE.
8. AFOE takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites. The existence of a link from any organisation's site to the AFOE site does not imply that AFOE endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
9. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
11. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
12. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
13. Fundraising Standards Board: Exceed is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board. This is because we are committed to the highest standards in fundraising and strive to always work in a way that is effective, open and honest. We are dedicated to raising funds in the most cost effective ways. The Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) is an independent board that has been set up to help people to give to charitable organisations with confidence. The board's primary function is to deal with complaints about fundraising activities from members of the public. By joining the Fundraising Standards Board we agree to adhere to the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Fundraising Practice and the Fundraising Standards Board Fundraising Promise.
14. Any questions regarding this site should be sent to Support Services, Exceed Support Office, Unit Four, Rosevale Industrial Estate, 171 Moira Road, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, N. Ireland, BT28 1RW or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Donation refund policy. If you have made a donation in error please contact the Exceed Finance Team on +44 (0)28 9266 7704 or email your Sage Pay confirmation email to email@example.com and they will be happy to refund this for you.
16. Disclaimer. We make every effort to ensure that the content of the site is accurate and up to date, but we accept no liability in relation to typographical errors or third-party information.
17. Conflict of interest. If any conflict of interest arises concerning the information provided on this site it will be clearly stated.
18. Linking policy. We encourage linking to our site from other websites, although we do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of the information external to the AFOE website. In terms of reciprocal linking by AFOE to other websites, we only link to recognised registered charities or relevant partners. We do not endorse any commercial organisations other than our established corporate partnerships. All material on this website is protected by copyright. Although users are encouraged to view, print and download the contents for personal use, the material on this website or any part of it is not to be incorporated or distributed in any work or in any publication in any form, nor used for any commercial purposes.
19. Charitable Status. Exceed Worldwide is a registered charity and registered company limited by guarantee. Registered charity in England & Wales No. 1032476. Company registered in England No. 2807200.
Last revised January 2015.
The information we collect: You may browse the site without disclosing any personal data. In order to provide you with a range of services, however, we may collect personal information from this site, from written information sent to us and from other communications. We may for example, keep a record of your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, gender and preferences. If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. If we do so, we will post notice of the change on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Collection of information: AFOE is the sole owner of the information submitted by you anywhere on this site. We will not ever sell, share, or rent personally identifiable information that you have submitted to this site to third parties.
Orders: We ask people using our order forms to provide contact information. This is used only to fulfil orders as stated on the online order forms and to enable us to contact you if we have difficulty processing an order.
Data Protection: How do we use your information? Your privacy is important to us. AFOE will process your data in relation to Exceed's activities as a UK-based charity. We may, in future, contact you with newsletters, appeals and information about events and offers. If you would like us to stop sending marketing materials to you, please email us at email@example.com with your details. By entering an event you agree to the charity making use of your image. By providing your contact details (eg address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address) you consent to AFOE contacting you by those methods unless otherwise stated.
Exceed news: Our mailing list currently operates as an 'opt in' mailing list whereby subscribers add themselves to the list. We only send emails to addresses which have been subscribed, we do not 'spam'. If you wish to unsubscribe from the list please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not share, licence or sell these email addresses.
Donations: Any information and credit card details you send to us using our donation page will be encrypted so it cannot be intercepted over the Internet by anyone else.
Unsubscribe: We hope that you will enjoy using this site and the services we offer. However, you may request that your personal information is not used in the ways outlined above. Please email us at email@example.com.
Correcting and updating personal information: If your personal information changes, or if you believe that the personal data we hold about you is incorrect, you may ask us to correct or update the personal information held by us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Exceed Support Office, Unit Four, Rosevale Industrial Estate, 171 Moira Road, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, N. Ireland, BT28 1RW.
Right of access: You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you have any questions about this page please contact us at Exceed Support Office, Unit Four, Rosevale Industrial Estate, 171 Moira Road, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, N. Ireland, BT28 1RW.
Last revised January 2015.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise the device you are using and provide you with a better website experience. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer or mobile device you are using via a randomly generated identifying tag. You can find more information about cookies at:
For a video about cookies visit google.co.uk/goodtoknow
If you decide not to allow AFOE as a “trusted site”, please be aware that you may be unable to use parts of the site. You may also receive cookies when you visit any of our partner sites. These sites are not run by AFOE, but the cookies may be labelled ‘AFOE’.
Last revised January 2015.